The Evactron® EP De-Contaminator is the latest model in the E-series offered by XEI Scientific. The remote RF plasma cleaning system was specially built for people in the physics and materials science communities who develop and employ tailor-made vacuum systems.
Like the Evactron ES model, the EP version provides faster cleaning rates at low pressures and offers instant ignition from any vacuum level. It also features LED status lighters and front plasma cleaning switch.
Designed for manual control, the plasma cleaning device enables the removal of carbon compounds from vacuum chambers running with turbo molecular pumps, using flowing afterglow cleaning with air. It is configured with fixed operating conditions such as power and time. It also features a vacuum only operation interlock.
The main features of the Evactron® EP De-Contaminator are as follows:
- Energy efficient hollow cathode plasma
- Optimum delivery of radicals to chamber due to Plasma Radical Source design
- "Pop" ignition of the plasma works at all pressures less than 100Pa or 750mTorr
- Flow through gas supply
- Capable of starting and operating at turbo molecular pump compatible pressures
- Low pressure operation at1-3Pa for long-standing radicals and rapid cleaning rates
- Does not require vacuum gauge
- Preset with optimum cleaning conditions
- Optimum plasma power transfer with fixed match
- High reliability 20W RF 13.56MHz power supply
- Eliminates the need for front panel adjustments, On/Off switch only
- NW 40 flange standard, CF 2.75 optional