The QUANTAX WDS features the compact XSense WD spectrometer. This precision instrument includes highly advanced detector technology and offers a number of excellent benefits.
Several automation features make the XSense convenient to operate and free the user from laborious and time-consuming adjustments. Some of these features are perfect optical alignment, automatic choice of the right analyzer crystal, detector settings and proportional counter gas flow control.
The XSense spectrometer includes six analyzer crystals and covers the energy range from 100eV to 3.6keV, which is most relevant for high resolution X-ray microanalysis. The numerous crystals with partially overlapping energy offer the right choice for every application.
The key features of the QUANTAX WDS include:
- High sensitivity through sophisticated kinematics and advanced optical system
- Advanced auto-aligning optical system, as accurate alignment of the optical axis of the spectrometer with respect to the current sample spot is paramount in parallel beam spectrometry.
- Fully motorized advanced kinematics, XSense's internal fully motorized 3-axis stage allows fast and stable positioning of the parallel beam optics with sub-micrometer resolution. A smart algorithm offers the right alignment at the touch of a key.
- Distortion-free non-magnetic optics
- Proportional counter with unique gas flow and pressure control
- Touch control panel for easy spectrometer setup and monitoring
- Full integration with EDS through the ESPRIT analytical software