KLA-Tencor’s MicroXAM-800 is an optical surface profiler that joins the company’s surface metrology product line. It is a non-contact, white light interferometer that stands apart due to its simple yet innovative user interface. The interferometer is designed with numerous powerful functions to support a wide range of applications.
The MicroXAM-800 contains several hardware and software features that are needed to adhere to rigorous R&D and production environment requirements. The hardware and software consist of simple recipe set-up, scripting, programmable stages and an expandable library of analysis instruments.
The key features of the MicroXAM-800 include:
- Flexible platform for data acquisition and analysis
- SMART and ZSI acquire algorithms simplify measurement setup
- Easy and flexible script setup with drag and drop functions
- Wide range of sample stages, objectives, and options are available
- Fast 3D step height, roughness, and defect characterization
The main applications of the MicroXAM-800 include:
- Power devices
- Precision surfaces
- Medical devices
- R&D and production for measuring step height, texture and form.