The Vion™ Plasma Focused Ion Beam System (PFIB) adds significantly more capacity to your lab with best-in-class milling and imaging performance in a single, easy-to-use instrument.
It increases throughput over conventional gallium-based FIB by more than 20 times for site-specific, cross-sectional milling and large region of interest preparation for other analytical techniques.
Vion Plasma Focused Ion Beam for Materials Science
Especially well-suited for metals, composites and coatings, the Vion PFIB supports a range of materials characterization, failure analysis and sample preparation applications.
- Create site-specific cross sections quickly
- Achieve greater milling speed without sacrificing quality for large area and repetitive milling projects, as well as for low sputter rate materials like steel
- Perform fast, site-specific micromachining of structures and surfaces for dynamic compression or tensile testing
- Prepare high quality, site-specific surfaces for Electron Back Scattered Diffraction analysis
- Prepare specimens for other imaging and characterization techniques like SEM and TEM
- Gain sub-30 nm image resolution for quick identification and metrology of thin layers and structures.
Vion Plasma FIB for Electronics
- Failure analysis of bumps, wire bonds, TSVs, and stacked die
- Surgically remove material to enable failure analysis and fault isolate on buried die
- For process monitoring and development at die/package level
- Defect analysis of packaged parts and MEMS devices