The V400ACE™ Focused Ion Beam (FIB) system incorporates the latest developments in ion column design, gas delivery and end point detection to provide fast, efficient, cost-effective editing on advanced integrated circuits.
Circuit editing allows product designers to reroute conductive pathways and test the modified circuits in hours, rather than the weeks or months that would be required to generate new masks and process new wafers. Fewer, shorter modification and test cycles allow manufacturers to ramp new processes to profitable high volume yields faster, and be first to market with premium priced new products.
The V400ACE is specifically designed to meet the challenges of advanced designs and processes: smaller geometries, higher circuit densities, exotic materials and complex interconnect structures. The V400ACE can be configured for backside editing with an optional IR microscope and bulk silicon trenching package.
- Fast, precise circuit modifications allow design changes in hours without processing new silicon
- NanoChemix gas delivery system provides improved speed, flexibility, uniformity, and quality in material removal and deposition
- Tomahawk ion column delivers more current to a smaller spot for faster, more precise milling
- Simultaneous plots of SE and specimen current improve end point detectio
- Fast, accurate cross sectioning reveals defects and subsurface feature
- Best-in-class thin sample preparation and 3D characterization and analysis