SPECTROSCOUT is an energy-dispersive X-Ray Fluorescence (ED-XRF) analyzer that has an analytical power similar to that of other top-grade benchtop analyzers such as SPECTRO XEPOS.
It provides exceptional performance, identifying different elements from Sodium (Na) to Uranium (U) at varying concentration levels and at rapid turnover.
The new portable spectrometer offers fast, reliable, and lab-grade results at low cost. The extraordinary accuracy and speed make the SPECTROSCOUT ideal for applications like core analysis which include detection of shale gas boundary layers. This provides fast direction changes, thereby improving the drilling productivity.
The SPECTROSCOUT consists of a high-power X-ray tube, high-yield battery pack, onboard processor, and large sample compartment in a small space, thus ensuring a compact design. Furthermore, the simplified software, predefined application packages, and an easy-to-use touch screen interface make the SPECTROSCOUT suitable for different kind of applications. Its unique iCAL software calibrates one sample at a time and takes just 5min for calibration. An optional integrated video system allows accurate spot testing and image storage.
The maintenance of the instrument is taken care off by the AMECARE Performance Services program that includes application solutions, expert consultation, proactive maintenance programs, and instrument-specific training.
The main features of the SPECTROSCOUT are:
- Compact design
- Light weight and small size
- Good spectral resolution
- Laboratory-class, reliable, rapid results
- Improved accuracy and performance at all concentration levels
- Low limits of detection across wide range of elements
- Integrated video system offers 1mm spot testing of samples
The major applications of the SPECTROSCOUT are:
- Analysis of oil-based samples and sulfur in fuels
- Rapid and accurate determination of Pt, Pd, and Rh in used automobile catalysts
- Analysis of aqueous samples, soil and sewage sludge
- Precious metal analysis
- Environmental monitoring and geochemical exploration
- In-situ analysis of traces, minor and major elements in soils and rocks