Malvern Panalytical’s Archimedes is a high-performance system based on the resonant mass measurement method to enable sensing and counting of particles in sizes ranging from 50nm to 5µm and for measuring particle mass and size.
Archimedes is uniquely designed to handle quantitative measurement of protein aggregates within the range of 100nm-1µm.
The Archimedes is fitted with an MEMS technology sensor to enable highly sensitive, dependable and reproducible aggregates measurement one by one. Additionally, it can provide data on sample concentration, density and volume, viscosity, polydispersity, and differentiate between positively buoyant contaminating silicone oil droplets and negatively buoyant proteinaceous particles. Several parameters are measured such as particle number, particle size, buoyant mass, dry mass, particle density and particle surface area.
The main features of Archimedes are listed below:
- Quick, NIST-traceable calibration
- Differentiation between positively buoyant particles and negatively buoyant particles
- Low sample consumption of only 100µL
- Can measure high concentration samples (to 109 particles/mL) and high viscosity samples (to 100cP)
- Highly reproducible results
- Smart and flexible ParticleLab software
- Unique and accurate particle counting capability in the size range of 50nm–5µm
- Precise sensitivity for measuring particle mass to 350ag
- Perfectly positioned for biopharmaceutical manufacturers and developers
- Superior size resolution, <20nm at 1µm diameter
- Precise particle size measurement from 50nm to 5µm