All manufacturers must address the issue related to the control of friction and wear in moving machine components.
Obtaining quantitative data at a range of humidities and temperatures and in the presence of lubricants is crucial.
Pin-on-Disk Tribometers (TRB) from Anton Paar have demonstrated their reliability in a number of laboratories across the world for:
- Exploring new materials such as polymers, metals, and ceramics
- Analysis of self-lubricating systems
- Analysis of oil additives and lubricants
- Quality assurance
The key features of the Pin-on-Disk Tribometers are listed below:
- Can handle variable sample sizes and shapes
- Stable contact point and no parasitic friction
- Accurately calibrated friction and wear measurements
- Automatic switch-off (track length / friction coefficient)
- Testing compatible with DIN 50324 and ASTM
- Test in liquids and controlled humidity
- Software package for instrument control and PC-controlled data acquisition, with real-time graphical data display, sliding lifetime, friction and wear coefficients