The Anton Paar Calotest series, including the Compact Calotest (CATc) and Industrial Calotest CATi, is employed for thickness measurement of coatings of 0.1-50µm.
It is a ball-cratering technique capable of determining coating thickness in a single or multilayer stack accurately.
An optical measuring system is provided as an option with the coating analyzer.
The following are the key features of the Calotest coating thickness analyzer:
- Superior quality polishing slurries
- Ideally suited for a number of materials
- Analysis of coating thickness
- Spherical abrasion method for testing
The Calotest coating thickness analyzer finds use in the following applications:
- Galvanic and chemical deposits
- Anodic oxidation layers
- Surfaces treated by ion plating or ion sputtering
- Plasma spray coatings