The Micro Scratch Tester (MST3) is used for defining the precise characterization of the adhesion failure of thin films and coatings with a typical thickness of less than 5µm.
Furthermore, it is possible to use the MST in the analysis of hard and soft, inorganic and organic coatings.
Applications include thin and multilayer CVD, PVD, PECVD, photoresist, lacquers, paints and several other types of films.
Research areas and industries utilize this instrument for microelectronics, optical coatings, protective and decorative surface coatings. Substrates may be soft or hard, which include glass, semiconductors, refractive or organic materials.
The key features of the Micro Scratch Tester (MST3) are:
- Diamond stylus
- Scratch depth measurement
- Surface profiling
- Automated optical microscopic inspection
- Feedback controlled force actuator
Optional features of the Micro Scratch Tester (MST3) are:
- y-direction swinging mode option
- High resolution Video, Conscan and AFM viewing
- Temperature staging
- Wide range of indenter tips
- Indentation testing option