Anton Paar has expanded its Tribometers with the introduction of powerful High Temperature Tribometers (THT) that can accurately simulate in-service conditions.
For the development and control of combustion engine and power plant constituent parts, it is critical to analyze the friction and wear properties of materials at high temperature.
Anton Paar’s THT is designed to meet the demands of quantitative data at high thermal conditions.
THT 1000°C features a unique dual heating element layout which makes the instrument highly reliable and stable to temperature tribology. It facilitates differential friction force measurement that provides negligible signal drifts at elevated temperatures.
In addition, the ergonomic design of THTs enable safe and efficient tribological testing at temperatures as high as 1000°C.
High Temperature Tribometer (THT) from Anton Paar TriTec
High Temperature Tribometer (THT) 800 °C
High Temperature Tribometer (THT) 1000 °C
The main features of the high temperature tribometer are:
- Automatic shut-off at selected track length or friction coefficient threshold
- Accurate friction and wear measurements at high temperatures of up to 1000°C
- High thermal stability
- Analysis of liquids, within their thermal stability range
- Efficient heating/cooling system accurately maintains desired test temperature
- Testing meets the requirements of DIN 50324, ASTM G99 and ASTM G133
- Optional features include vacuum setup, continuous wear depth measurement and electrical contact resistance
For more information;