The OmniProbe 200 from Oxford Instruments is a port-mounted nanomanipulator, designed for SEM and FIB microscopes. It integrates a computer-controlled 100 nm closed-loop encoder feedback for easy accessibility, accuracy, and flexibility.
This fully automated closed-loop system is independent of the microscope’s stage positioning, to allow omnidirectionality and more freedom for sample manipulation. The unique solutions of the OmniProbe 200 control the custom-combined stage and probe (CSP) recipes to attain quick sample repositioning to particular angles.
Features and Benefits
The features and benefits of the OmniProbe 200 nanomanipulator are as follows:
- Enables diverse applications; from nanowire manipulation to TEM sample preparation to mechanical and electrical measurements
- Includes advanced eighth-generation technology
- Moves diagonally in all directions (omnidirectionality)
- Navigates orthogonally at any sample tilt angles
- Quickly adjusts samples to specific angles
- Precise knowledge of probe tip position
- Moves as expected for all port installations
- Performs precise and smooth sample manipulation over long distances
- Avoids collisions
- Pneumatic insertion/retraction connects to the microscope software (OEM dependent)
- Minimizes operator fatigue and boosts success rates with simple recall of stored spots
- Built-in needle biasing ranging up to +/- 10 V for voltage contrast, electrostatic manipulation, and charge neutralization