Ondax’s TR-MICRO THz-Raman® system is built specifically to be mounted directly on a range of common micro-Raman systems and microscope platforms. It can also be simply swapped in and out of the optical path.
The system includes an Ondax SureLock™ 785 nm, 850 nm, 976 nm or 1064 nm laser source, notch filters and optional circular polarization. The basic standard is linear polarization. A 532 nm excitation source or a sample imaging camera can also be offered on request.
Ondax’s patented SureBlock™ ultra-narrow-band Volume Holographic Grating (VHG) filters have the ability to block only the Rayleigh excitation with > OD8 attenuation, enabling the simultaneous capture of both Stokes and anti-Stokes signals.
A wavelength-stabilized, high-power, ASE-free single-frequency laser source is exactly in line with the filters to assure excellent attenuation and highest throughput of the excitation source.
The "Second Fingerprint" of Raman
Ondax’s patented THz- Raman® Spectroscopy Systems extend the range of traditional Raman spectroscopy into the terahertz/low-frequency region, enabling the same range of energy transitions to be explored as terahertz spectroscopy without compromising the capability to measure the fingerprint region.
This region exhibits a new “structural fingerprint” to help the traditional “chemical fingerprint” of Raman, enabling simultaneous testing of both chemical composition and molecular structure in one device for advanced materials characterization.
It provides clear real-time differentiation of structural attributes of a material, which allows exact identification and analysis of raw material sources, crystal formation, contamination and defects, polymorphs, synthesis techniques and phase monitoring.
Simultaneous measurement of composition and structural analysis and real-time measurement remove the necessity for several samples and instruments, reducing capital, training and maintenance costs.
The main benefits of the THz- Raman® Series platforms are as follows:
- User-friendly and compact
- One Raman measurement offers both molecular structure and chemical composition
- Higher SNR with built-in calibration reference
- Can work alongside existing Raman systems
- Fast, complete, and reliable measurements
- Chemical analysis and structural monitoring in real-time
The main features of the THz- Raman® Series platforms are as follows
- It can be provided as a 100% custom configured system
- Fast collection of THz-Raman® spectra from 5 cm-1 - >3000 cm-1 (150 GHz- 90 THz)
- Compatible with Zeiss, Olympus, Leica, and Nikon microscopes
- Fiber coupling facilitates simple interface to a wide range of spectrometers
- Easy optical in/out switch shifts the system from optical path when not operational
The applications of the THz-Raman® Series platforms are as follows:
- Structural studies of nano- and bio-materials, photovoltaics and semiconductors
- Crystallization and reaction monitoring
- Polymorph identification and analysis
- Source attribution and trace detection of explosives/drugs/hazmat