The Nanotrac Wave II from Microtrac is an accurate particle size zeta potential analyzer suitable for characterizing materials throughout an extremely wide concentration range.
This analyzer features an enhancement to traditional DLS, and also uses Reference Beating, which allows amplification of the signal back to the photodector, resulting in unparalleled accuracy for measuring molecular weight, zeta potential, particle size, and concentration of colloidal systems.
Users are provided with superior particle analysis capability by the Nanotrac Wave II, which takes advantage of an innovative probe technology, improved optical signal, and advanced algorithms. Whether the material is a near finished product or ppm, the Wave II attains precise, sensitive, and rapid measurements of materials ranging from sub-nanometer to several microns.
The optical signal is increased by Reference Beating anywhere from 100 to 1,000,000 times when compared to standard DLS. The increased optical signal allows users to carry out accurate measurements of multi-mode and single distributions across the widest concentration range in the market.
Users can check out this short presentation to learn more about Microtrac’s proprietary technology.
Applications for the Nanotrac Wave II
The key applications of the Nanotrac Wave II are as follows:
- Academic research
Nanotrac Wave II Instrument Details
- Unique probe design, 180° backscatter collection, and fixed optics enable precise and fast measurement across the widest concentration range – from ppm to near solids (40%)
- Improved optical signal for superior accuracy, compliments of Reference Beating – available only from Microtrac
- Can measure Zeta Potential closer to iso-electric point by preventing errors arising from electro-osmotic flow. ZP measurement ranges from -200 to +200 mV
- “A priori” or advance knowledge of the particle size distribution is not required
- Measures particles ranging from 0.3 to 10,000 nm
- Multiple flow cell options – ability to connect a titrator
- Peltier temperature control device
- 150 µl sample volume needed – suitable for high dollar materials
- Removable sample cell – available in stainless steel or Teflon
- User-selectable data presentation modes
- Mode – simultaneously measure concentration and size
- Legacy – ensure consistency of data when transitioning from a “legacy” instrument
- Distribution – standard volume particle size distribution
120 nm and 15 nm bi-mode? No problem for the Nanotrac Wave II.