ZYGO® has introduced the ZeGage™ Plus, which is a 3D optical surface profiler available with sub-nanometer precision. The ZeGage™ Plus expands on the capabilities of the ZeGage™ profiler with an increased range of measurable surfaces, higher precision, and faster measurement speed, while maintaining its small footprint, ease of use, and vibration insensitivity.
This new optical profiler is capable of measuring a wide variety of surfaces, ranging from very smooth to extremely rough, with sub-nanometer precision and independent of field of view. Surface finishes could include honed, lapped, ground, polished, and super-polished on materials such as metal, glass, and ceramic.
The ZeGage™ Plus scans up to twice as fast as the ZeGage™ for high-speed measurements, thus providing faster time-to-data for production metrology and increased throughput.
With reference to the ZeGage™ profiler, the Mx™ interactive control software provides comprehensive and simple visualization to enable users control their process.
- Fully-automated and field stitching measurement sequences enable high resolution inspection of large areas (optional motorized part stage is needed)
- Exceptional gage capability is available with quantitative surface metrology and sub-nanometer precision
- Correlates to both 3D and 2D standards, and adheres to surface roughness parameters of ISO 25178
- High-resolution one million pixel image sensor provides rapid areal measurements within seconds, for superior visualization and surface detail
- Built-in focus and autofocus aid simplification of part setup and reduce operator variability
- Proprietary non-contact measurement technology has low sensitivity to vibration effects, which eliminates the requirement for vibration isolation platforms in an increasing number of applications
- Selectable field-of-view and magnification, with a wide range of system and imaging options
- Measures a variety of surface materials and finishes, from highly smooth to rough, such as steep slopes and large steps
- Area-based measurement is not sensitive to part lay
- Included Mx™ software offers comprehensive tools for visualization, analysis, and reporting of surface data
- 3D and 2D profiling of step-height, surface texture, form and more
- Non-contact metrology method prevents part damage
Productivity and Value
- Consumables are not required for measurements
- Simplified operation results in low service and training costs
- Cost-effective price-to-performance ratio compares well to alternative systems, such as mechanical contact stylus profilers
- Durable, high-output LED light source for years of problem-free operation
- Non-contact technique means that there are no consumable replacement costs to be concerned about
- Vibration-tolerant, compact SureScan™ technology enables effortless integration anywhere in the user’s facility
The key features of the ZeGage™ Plus include:
- Vibration-resistant, for process control and production floor metrology
- Measures all surfaces ranging from super-smooth to rough
- Up to 2X faster vertical scan rate over standard ZeGage™
- More than 20X better surface topography repeatability when compared with standard ZeGage™
Mx Software Screen
ZYGO's ZeGage™ Optical Profiler Measures Precision Surfaces of Implantable Medical Devices