Micro Lens Process Metrology Systems
- Relational/dimensional lens parameters
- Aspheric surface form, topography, and deviation
The Compass™ metrology systems available from ZYGO® have set the standard for non-contact, automated 3D surface metrology and production process control for discrete micro lenses and molds crucial to compact imaging systems, such as cameras for tablets and smart phones, and automotive vision systems.
Compass™ systems are offered in two models, depending on the metrology requirements of users.
- Compass™ – It is an advanced solution from ZYGO® for precision metrology of micro lens surface form, topography, deviation, and relational/dimensional parameters. The Compass™ system is ideal for applications that require full characterization of aspherical or spherical micro lenses and their alignment features.
- Compass™ RT – It is a fast and flexible system designed for precision metrology of micro lens relational/dimensional parameters as well as general profilometry applications. This system is the perfect choice when there is no requirement for form deviation metrology.
ZYGO®'s optical profiler technology, which is based on Coherence Scanning Interferometry (CSI), that provides industry-leading precision, speed and versatility for repeatable metrology and production process control, is at the center of the Compass™ system. Aspheric form as well as deviation metrology and relational/dimensional metrology of alignment features are unique to both the Compass™ and Compass™ RT systems.
Form and Deviation
- Advanced form deviation analysis from design prescription
- Non-contact, full surface, 3D mapping of surface form for aspherical or spherical lenses and molds
- Sub-nanometer height precision of surface form and deviation with millions of data points
- Fast and automatic identification of process asymmetries
- Datum and Lens-to-Datum characterizations
- Lens apex height, center thickness, centration, and apex-to-apex centration
- Annular datum flatness, parallelism, thickness, and wedge
- Quantitative metrology and evaluation of mechanical design features on single or double-sided lens elements
- Centration interlock diameter
Powerful Analysis Software
Powered by ZYGO®'s Mx™ software platform, the Compass™ systems provide key functions such as data acquisition, visualization, and analysis, as well as instrument hardware automation. Their multi-functional architecture can support measurements of various parts and metrology parameters, including discrete lenses and mold pins.
Aspheric micro lens pin mold prototypes, shown with production lenses ranging in size from 3 to 6 mm. Compass™ systems measure critical parameters on all of these, and more!
Compass™ - Provides precision metrology of micro lens aspheric surface form, deviation, and topography, as well as the relational/dimensional parameters provided by the Compass RT system.
Compass™ RT - Provides precision metrology of micro lens relational/dimensional parameters, plus general profilometry applications.
Relational/Dimensional Lens Parameters – Datum and lens-to-datum