attocube’s range of toploading, dry, low vibration cryostats has been further expanded by the attoDRY2100. It offers a nonstop base temperature of 1.65 K, an automated temperature and magnetic field control from 1.65 K to 300 K, and user’s choice of superconducting magnet.
The incorporated touchscreen allows for easily setting the desired field (B) and temperature (T) without even using a PC. More detailed measurement schemes such as programmable sweeps of B and T are easily doable via a LabVIEW interface and a USB connection. The temperature stability was measured to be more than ±5 mK at 1.5 K over 10 hours. The toploading design allows fast and easy sample exchange, while offering a generous sample space of 49.7 mm in diameter.
The unparalleled cooling performance through exchange gas coupling offers a primary cooldown time of the total system of around 15-20 hours, while the turn-around time during sample exchange is about 5-8 hours.
Finally, the attoDRY2100 was specially built to provide an ultra-low vibration measurement system for cryogenic scanning probe experiments without the need for liquid helium. Owing to a proprietary design, mechanical vibrations produced by the pulse-tube coldhead are decoupled from the measurement system. When measured with the attoAFM I, vibration amplitudes of less than 0.15 nm RMS are routinely accomplished (bandwidth of 200 Hz, vertical direction)*.
*Further reading: F.P. Quacquarelli et al., arXiv:1404.2046v1
- Continuous 1.65 K operation with automated gas handling
- Very fast cooldown and turn-around times
- Cryogen-free, low vibration cryostat platform
- Temperature control range: 1.65 K to 300 K
- Optional superconducting magnets up to 9 T
- Scanning probe microscopy experiments in a cryogen-free, low vibration environment
- Measurements at a broad range of temperature and magnetic field (optional) with highest stability
- Fast exchange of samples and/or scanning probe tips
- Solid state physics and quantum dot optics
- Semiconductor device characterization
- Material science research on ceramics, polymers, additives, alloys,..
Compatible Microscope Systems
- attoAFM I, attoMFM I, attoSHPM, attoAFM III, attoCFM I, attoCFM II, attoCFM III, attoRAMAN, atto3DR
- attoAFM/CFM (on request)
Fields of Application
Quantum Dot Spectroscopy