AIST-NT's OmegaScope™ 1000 AFM has been designed to be easily integrated with optical instruments such as Raman spectrometers, UV-VIS adsorption spectrometers etc. Open design of the AFM head makes it possible to have the high quality optical access from the top (100X, 0.70 NA), side (20X, 0.42 NA) or bottom (using any commercially available objective, including immersion objectives).
Side illumination becomes very important in case of TERS (Tip Enhanced Raman Scattering) and scattering SNOM experiments as with the side illumination it is easy to have a significant Z component of the optical field. It also may be very valuable for investigation of SERS (Surface Enhanced Raman Scattering) structures. Precise alignment of the side and top (bottom) objectives allows performing experiments that involve investigation of the influence of illumination conditions on TERS and SERS efficiency.
AIST-NT's OmegaScope™ 1000 AFM head includes 1300nm registration laser, which allows to eliminate the cross-talk with the most popular Raman lasers up to 1064 nm. The IR registration laser also allows to work with the visible light-sensitive semiconductor and biological samples.
Optical input-output system optimized for TERS and SERS measurements
- Top and side illumination (10X-0.28NA/100X-0.70NA; 20X-0.42NA)
- Raman and fluorescence measurements from the same sample area
- Optimal illumination conditions for TERS experiments on non-transparent samples
- Exact excitation light spot to probe adjustment
Raman spectrometer (Solar TII)
- High throughput optical system. Software controlled excitation laser selection. Typical excitation laser set: 473, 532 and 785 nm solid state lasers. Edge filter/notch filter design for efficient laser line suppression.
- Excitation light and collected light polarization control.
- Imaging 560mm focal length Spectrograph. Four positions turret mounted exchangeable gratings.
- Confocal elastically scattered light registration unit.