The MIRA3 AMU, an FE-SEM system that offers high performance, is fitted with a large chamber. This exclusive microscope enables the imaging and analysis of exceptionally large samples that do not fit into typical chambers.
In areas like forensic sciences and archaeology, or in the automotive and aeronautic industries, it is very common for the only means to carry out the analysis of interest to require preservation of the integrity of the specimen. This is so when the sample shows a piece of evidence or the entire sample is vital to the study or analysis, or if the sample is a valuable specimen of historical value. In such instances, the specimens could exceed the volume and even weight capabilities of typical chambers.
To overcome this, TESCAN provides the MIRA3 AMU, a distinctive FE-SEM that stands out for its potential to accommodate very large and heavy samples, allowing SEM analysis for such large samples.
AMU Chamber Highlights
- Chamber internal dimensions of 880 mm (width) × 1200 mm (depth)
- SEM imaging of very large samples that cannot be changed (cut into smaller pieces)
- Maximum specimen weight: 25 Kg
- Integrated active vibration isolation
- Multiple detector configurations feasible
- Capable of low- and high-vacuum operations
High-Performance FE-SEM System Equipped with an Extraordinarily Large Chamber—MIRA3 AMU