The AP series plasma treatment machines are perfect for an extensive range of plasma cleaning, surface activation, and adhesion enhancement applications. These potentials are used for semiconductor manufacturing, microelectronic packaging and assembly, and for manufacturing medical and life science devices.
The AP Series includes four batch plasma treatment systems that provide the customers with small, mid-size, and large vacuum chamber options that offer controller continuity, process correlation, and reproducible, reliable vacuum gas plasma treatment as they extend from an R&D setting to a range of production levels.
Features and Advantages of the Plasma Treatment Equipment
- Flexible shelf architecture enables processing of a wide array of part carriers in downstream or direct plasma mode
- PLC controller equipped with a touch screen provides real-time process representation and a smart graphical interface
- Process and production data produced by proprietary software control system for statistical process control
- The 13.56-MHz RF generator has automatic impedance relative to unmatched process reproducibility
- Batch style, where each unit is completely self-contained, thereby limiting the required floor space
- The chamber, pump, 13.56-MHz RF generator, and control electronics are accommodated inside a single housing
AP-1000 Plasma Treatment Equipment
The AP-1000 platform enables total, front access for gaining comfortable access to interior components. The pump is positioned on rollers, thereby facilitating easy removal. The plasma chamber is made of 11-gage stainless steel and designed with aluminum fixtures for optimized durability. The chamber has a number of modifiable and removable shelves to incorporate an array of part carriers, such as magazines, trays, Auer boats, and wafer. The AP-1000 Plasma Treatment System is provided with optional HTP (high-throughput) shelves and combines the process quality and reliability of the AP-1000 system with the proven benefits of the exclusive shelf design from Nordson MARCH.
The AP-1000 HTP maximizes the use of the reactive ions contained in RF plasma, thereby promoting treatment uniformity and decreasing the process time at the same time. The AP-1000 HTP system enables choosing from different process gases like helium hydrogen, and argon. It is available in the standard type provided with four mass flow controllers for matchless gas control. Slotted magazines are located vertically inside the chamber. In general, each magazine incorporates a minimum of 20 lead frames. The AP-1000 plasma chamber can incorporate up to 12 magazines, based on the size of magazines.