The Semionâ„¢ Retarding Field Energy Analyzer System is designed to measure both the Ion Energy and Ion Flux at a biased surface in a plasma chamber.
The Semionâ„¢ System consists of a Retarding Field Energy Analyzer (RFEA) multi-grid Probe, chamber feed-through assembly, electronic control unit and application software.
Impedans employs a range of 3-grid and 4-grid retarding field analyzers to provide industry leading ion energy distribution and ion flux measurements.
The RFEA Probe can be mounted on an electrode/substrate holder, or in a dummy wafer to sample wafer processing conditions.
The Semionâ„¢ System is suitable for installation on a wide range of plasma source configurations; capacitively coupled, inductively coupled, magnetron, pulsed bias, cascaded arc, and remote source.
Semionâ„¢ can be used under the following bias conditions (single-, dual-, and multi-frequency)
- Pulsed/shaped bias
A unique feature of the product is the ability to place the RFEA probe on a driven bias electrode. The RFEA probe floats with the electrode, similar to a wafer or substrate, and can measure the ion flux and ion energy at the substrate surface, without disturbing the process.
The Semionâ„¢ Control Unit provides all of the required grid voltage biases and comes with software to sweep and control the RFEA Probe automatically.
- Substrate mounted Retarding Field Energy Analyzer Probe
- In-situ measurement of
- Ion Energy Distribution
- Ion Flux
- Ion Current
- Electron Flux and Energy
- Measurement of Ion Energies in up to 2500eV at pressures up to 300mT
- Time resolved measurement capability up to 500kHz for pulsed systems, with time resolution of 44nS
- Plasma floating potential measurement adjustent feature
- Easy to install, no chamber retrofit required
- Portable system allowing analysis in multiple chambers using single system
The Semionâ„¢ System finds many applications in research and industry:
- Plasma Research
â€“ IEDF, Ion Flux, EEDF, negative ion investigation
- Semiconductor process and tool R&D
â€“ Etch, PECVD, Deposition
- Materials/Thin Film Coating Process development
â€“ DC Magnetron Sputtering, HiPIMS, HPPMS etc.
- Ion Beam Analysis
- Solar/Flat Panel process and tool R&D
â€“ IEDF and ion flux monitoring
- Tool Equipment R&D
Power supply, chamber development
- Plasma Manufacturing Process Diagnostics -conditions post PM
-Measure Vdc on substrate bias voltage