The SPECTRO iSORT is a new hand-held spectrometer designed for on-site identification and analysis of common metal alloys. This instrument is powered by battery and utilizes a highly efficient arc excitation. It eliminates the need for argon or a radioactive source.
Utilizing the instrument’s integrated rechargeable battery, infinite measurements can be performed. In fact, the instrument can be employed for component identification in petrochemical and chemical facilities, for material testing in production, weld seam analysis, material failure analysis, and for fast determination of metal alloys when purchasing, selling or combining scrap metal.
A ‘fingerprinting’ process is performed by the SPECTRO iSORT to identify the sample material, and then favorable instrument settings for the material are utilized for analysis without requiring the help of manual operators.
In addition, the ICAL software logic saves significant amount of time by controlling the status of instrument from external effects and removing the requirement for extensive recalibrations for changes in temperature and location.
The product features of the Spectro iSort handheld spectrometer are:
- Battery-powered for on-site identification and analysis of metal alloys
- Eliminates argon or radioactive source
- ICAL software logic saves time by maintaining instrument status and removes lengthy recalibrations for changes in temperature and location
The applications of the Spectro iSort handheld spectrometer are:
- Material testing
- Component identification in petrochemical and chemical plants
- Determination of metal alloys
- Weld seam analysis
- Material failure analysis