ibss Group, along with a plasma source inventor has designed an advanced in situ Asher known as the GV10x DS. One can use the Asher across TMP operating pressure ranges without any damage to TMP or SEM. With the DS process, the instrument can evenly and effectively reduce hydrocarbons and carbon by around 10 to 20 times. Air or oxygen drives the standard GV10x DS plasma in order to oxidize hydrocarbon impurities. Experimental results done at NIST and Synchrotron laboratories demonstrate that DS hydrogen plasma is effective and safe for eliminating carbon residue on multilayer mirrors. The GV10x DS Asher can be combined in a number of laboratory tools. Unlike routine plasma cleaners, the DS process eliminates sputter damage, sample heating, and kinetic impingement.
The GV10x offers an ultimate solution for cleaning chambers. In comparison with other standard techniques, the GV process quickly and effectively removes impurities even from the far corners of surfaces which can potentially desorb hydrocarbon contamination. Furthermore, with more options of pressure and power, the GV10x can be used for cleaning EUV and synchrotron optics.
The product features of the GV10x DS Asher are:
- Is capable of rapidly and effectively reducing carbon and hydrocarbons
- Does not cause sample heating, sputter damage, or kinetic impingement
- Can be operated across TMP operating pressure ranges without affecting SEM or TMP
The applications of the GV10x DS Asher are:
- HC contamination
- Suitable for heavily contaminated surfaces and large volume chambers
- Can be used in several laboratory tools
- Can be used for cleaning EUV and synchrotron optics