The Viscotek 270max offered by Malvern Instruments is a multi-detector GPC/SEC system designed for standard characterization of macromolecules, such as natural and synthetic polymers, proteins, copolymers, etc.
The Viscotek 270max is a complete, column temperature controlled system and includes a range of modules, such as the TDA 305 light scattering detector, the GPCmax integrated solvent and sample delivery module, RI detector and column oven, Viscometer module, and the OmniSEC software.
The main features of the Viscotek 270max are:
- Direct output of absolute molecular weight of polymers sans extrapolation using Low angle light scattering (LALS)
- Absolute molecular weight of protein aggregation, protein stability, and small polymers using Right angle light scattering (RALS)
- Autosampler boosts throughput and enhances repeatability
- Column oven to give repeatable elution profiles
- Molecular size in terms of the radius of gyration (Rg) and hydrodynamic diameter (Rh)
- Protein and polymer structure information utilizing intrinsic viscosity detector
- Copolymer composition utilizing photo-diode array UV detector
- 3D absorption plot for chemical identification of each component
- Sophisticated GPC/SEC software can switch from data to results in just two clicks
- 21 CFR part 11 compliant
Multi-detection GPC/SEC helps us to monitor and control reaction conditions to engineer advanced polymer coatings which stabilize nanoparticle suspensions to ease their handling and preserve their industrial value.
Dr. Farhad Faghihi, University of Lethbridge