The Talysurf PGI Dimension is a metrology instrument that allows measurement of the 3D form of shallow and steep aspherical lenses and moulds from less than 2mm and up to 200mm diameter.
The instrument is an extension of the existing capabilities of the Talysurf family of instruments. The Talysurf PGI Dimension developed from the Talysurf PGI Blu combines a broader range of part diameters up to 200 mm with novel features supporting three-dimensional measurement. Repeatability can be lesser than 50nm. PGI Dimension is an instrument suitable for research and development and factory floor requirements offering excellent cost saving to the company.
The key features of the Talysurf PGI Dimension are:
- The Talysurf PGI Dimension is a highly versatile instrument.
- Optical measurements range from small components with high degrees of slope and up to parts of 200mm in diameter with 20mm of sag.
- This enables the Talysurf 3D Optics to measure optics used in a range of applications including cell phones, digital cameras, Blu-Ray players, projectors, medical and infra-red thermal imaging as used for rescue systems and security.
- Routine setup and completely automatic measurement software enables "one-click" calibration and execution of a sequence of repeatable measurements
- Steep slopes up to 85° for 60mm lens can be determined.
- Automatic 3D visualization and analysis astigmatic
- Aspheric Analysis software including diffractive analysis
Talyor Hobson Talysurf PGI Dimension
The new PGI Dimension is an ideal dedicated metrology instrument for precision measurement of 3D form
The PGI Dimension can perform measurements on optics from <2mm to 300mm diameter.
Applications include: Cell phones, digital cameras, Blu-Ray players, projectors, medical and infra-red thermal imaging as used for rescue systems and security.
The PGI Dimension is ideal for both R&D and factory floor use