WITec´s TrueSurface Microscopy enables confocal Raman imaging along rough or heavily inclined samples with the surface held in steady focus and simultaneously maintains the highest confocality. The main element of this True Surface profilometer is an integrated sensor for optical profilometry. The sensor is directly installed at the microscope turret which allows easy handling.
The TrueSurface Imaging mode has profilometric capabilities that enable scan ranges of up to 50x100mm with a spatial resolution on the order of 10-25µm laterally and 40-120nm vertically.
The large-area topographic coordinates from the profilometer measurement can be accurately matched with the large-area confocal Raman imaging data. True Surface profilometer combined with AFM can be utilized as a pre-inspection tool to ascertain topographic features of interest for high-resolution AFM analysis on large samples. This innovative imaging mode can be used for a wide range of applications.
The main features of the True Surface profilometer are:
- Allows confocal Raman imaging along rough or heavily inclined samples
- Features Integrated sensor for optical profilometry
- Allows scan ranges of up to 50x100mm with spatial resolution on the order of 40-120mm and 10-25µm laterally
- Can be used as a pre-inspection tool to determine topographic features for high-resolution AFM analysis on large samples.
The applications of the True Surface profilometer are:
- Mapping of functionalized surfaces
- Characterization of medical, micromechanical, and semiconductor devices
- Imaging pharmaceutical and biomedical material surface properties.