WITec’s alpha500 is the first instrument on the market to integrate atomic force microscopy (AFM) and confocal Raman imaging in a fully automated system.
Incorporating a piezo-driven scan stage and a motorized sample stage, the alpha500 enables Raman Imaging, high-resolution surface topography imaging with AFM on different sample positions, large area Raman scans, and multi-point spectra acquisition on a user-defined measurement points. The Raman and AFM data of the same sample positions can then be combined to get a better understanding of the sample's properties.
In addition, a variety of automated functions such as accurate automatic AFM-tip approach, highly precise auto-focus for the optical mode, and other unique software features offer the versatility and precision required for the systematic implementation of lengthy and difficult measurement sequences.
The main features of the alpha500 are:
- Large samples are ideal for automated AFM and Raman analysis
- Accelerated measurement cycles for routine experiments
- Reduced overall experiment duration
- Results brought to market or publication faster
- Ideal for analyzing chemical and surface structural properties.