The EIGER R 1M available from DECTRIS is a sophisticated Hybrid Photon Counting detector that integrates single-photon sensitivity with high resolution. The detector system features a mega-pixel sensor with just 75µm pixel size, which provides excellent resolution and makes the system perfect for X-ray detection in a variety of laboratory applications.
The EIGER R 1M is a versatile tool and enables users to record powder diffraction patterns from textured samples or to take advantage of the single-pixel point-spread function to determine large unit-cell protein crystal axes. Additionally, the signal-to-noise ratio can be enhanced for the most challenging samples by leveraging an image depth of 32 bit and the continuous energy threshold.
Strongest Bragg spots from tiny molecule crystals can be precisely determined, thanks to count-rate capabilities of up to 5•108phts/s/mm2. Also, the EIGER R 1M has a compact housing, making it easy to accommodate into small laboratory environments.
The main features of the EIGER R 1M are:
- Compact housing
- Small pixels and excellent point-spread function for highest spatial resolution
- Frame rates up to 10Hz with duty cycle > 99.7%
- No dark current or readout noise for best signal-to-noise ratio
- Continuous threshold for fluorescence suppression
- Continuous readout with global shutter
- Hybrid photon counting: Direct detection of X-rays in single-photon-counting mode
- Count rates up to 5•108phts/sec/mm2
- Room temperature operation of all detector components
- Service-free systems with minimal maintenance
The applications of the EIGER R 1M are:
- X-ray imaging
- Diffuse scattering
- Surface diffraction
- Powder diffraction
- Single crystal diffraction
- Macromolecular crystallography
- Small- and wide-angle X-ray scattering