The mercury porosimetry analysis technique can be used to determine a variety of sample properties such as total pore volume, pore size distribution, median pore diameter, total pore surface area and sample density.
Based on the intrusion of mercury into a porous structure under rigorously-controlled pressures, it provides speed, precision, and a wide measurement range.
AutoPore V Series Mercury Porosimeters from Micromeritics are capable of determining a wider pore size distribution more quickly and precisely, giving it a great advantage over other methods.
The instrument also comes with improved safety features and provides new data reduction and reporting options which offer more data regarding fluid transport and pore geometry information of the material being characterized.
The AutoPore V comes in two models to match the requirements of individual quality assurance and research labs.
The main features of the AutoPore V Series Porosimeters include:
- Low-noise, high-pressure generating system
- Enhanced safety features reduce the risk of mercury spills and operator exposure
- Quick-scan mode enables a continuous pressure increase, approximating equilibrium and providing faster screening
- Real-time diagnostics
- Collects extremely high-resolution data
- Ability to measure pore diameters from 0.003 to 1100µm
- A choice of correction routine for baseline provides improved accuracy by correcting for thermal effects and compressibility caused by high pressure
- Scanning mode for on-demand or high-speed results
- Equilibration modes for greater detail and more precise results
- Mercury temperature sensor enables automatic calculation of mercury density utilized for penetrometer calibrations
- MicroActive software enables users to interactively manipulate data, define custom reports, and achieve analytical results quickly
- Available with four low- and two high-pressure ports for added sample throughput
- Available in 33,000 psia or 60,000 psia models