The ASAP 2460 Surface Area and Porosity Analyzer developed by Micromeritics features an advanced expandable system, which is specifically designed for high performance and high sample throughput. The base ASAP 2460 is a two-port master control unit.
For increased throughput, additional two-port units can be linked to the master unit, thus expanding the system to a four-port or six-port analyzer. All analysis ports can be operated separately and simultaneously, enabling users to load and unload samples easily, irrespective of the analysis stage.
Lengthy analysis can be carried out without refilling the dewar, thus allowing unattended analysis of high resolution adsorption/desorption isotherms. Servo control for dosing and evacuation offers a higher degree of gas management and also expedites collection of data points through reduction of dosing overshoot.
In addition, the ASAP 2460 includes an intuitive MicroActive software that integrates user-defined reports with the capability to interactively assess isotherm.
The main features of the ASAP 2460 Accelerated Surface Area and Porosimetry System include:
- High throughput with two, four, or six analysis stations
- Fully automated modular system optimized for walk-up sample screening
- Durable dewars and isothermal jackets ensure a stable thermal profile along the length of the sample and saturation pressure (P0) tubes throughout lengthy analyses
- BET surface area measurements can be performed in 30 minutes
- Analysis temperature can be entered, calculated, or measured
- Dosing options of maximum volume increment or dosing over stipulated pressure ranges
- Micropore and low surface area options available
- Equilibration option enables users to specify equilibration times for different parts of the isotherm
- Intuitive MicroActive software with unique NLDFT modeling
- Innovative dashboard monitors and provides easy access to real-time instrument performance indicators and maintenance scheduling