Coherent’s TR-PROBE is a robust, sturdy THz-Raman® probe that enables process or in-situ reaction monitoring. It is feasible to configure the TR-PROBE with several contact or immersion probe tips, an easy-to-use vial holder, a tablet holder or a steerable collimated beam.
The whole range of the THz-Raman® series platforms is ultra-compact and the connection is simple, via fiber to nearly any Raman system or spectrometer.
Coherent’s patented SureBlock™ ultra-narrow-band volume holographic grating (VHG) filters specifically stop only the Rayleigh excitation with > OD8 attenuation, allowing concurrent trapping of both Stokes and anti-Stokes signals.
A wavelength-stabilized, high-power, ASE-free single frequency laser source is in line with the filters to assure superior attenuation and maximum throughput of the excitation source.
Extending the Fingerprint Range of Raman
Coherent’s patented THz-Raman® Spectroscopy systems allow the conventional Raman spectroscopy series to be extended into the terahertz/low-frequency regime, exploring the same range of energy transitions as terahertz spectroscopy, without limiting the ability to determine the fingerprint region.
This region exhibits a distinct “structural fingerprint” to match the conventional “chemical fingerprint” of Raman, enabling simultaneous analysis of both chemical composition and molecular structure in a single device for advanced materials characterization.
It permits exact real-time differentiation of structural attributes of a material, which facilitates accurate identification and analysis of crystal formation, raw material sources, contamination and defects, polymorphs, synthesis techniques and phase monitoring.
Simultaneous and real time measurements of composition and structural analysis remove the need for multiple samples and devices, and reduce capital, training and maintenance costs.
The main features of THz-Raman® series platforms are as follows:
- Compatible with Zeiss, Nikon, Leica, Olympus microscopes
- Easy optical in/out switch shifts the system from optical path when not in use
- Fiber coupling facilitates simple interface to a wide range of spectrometers
- Rapid collection of THz-Raman® spectra from 5 cm-1 ->3000 cm-1 (150 GHz- 90 THz)
- It can be presented as a complete custom configured system
The main benefits of the THz-Raman® series platforms are as follows:
- Rapid, complete and precise measurements
- User-friendly and compact
- Chemical analysis and structural monitoring in real-time
- Superior SNR with built-in calibration reference
- One Raman measurement offers both molecular structure and chemical composition
- Can be modified with any currently existing Raman systems
The applications of the THz-Raman® series platforms are as follows:
- Polymorph identification and analysis
- Source attribution and trace detection of explosives/drugs/ hazmat
- Crystallization and reaction monitoring
- Structural studies of nano- and bio-materials, photovoltaics, and semiconductors
Ondax TR-PROBE Sample Interface Accessories
A variety of sample interface accessories enable the TR-PROBE to be easily configured to match a broad range of applications. The Vial/Cuvette Sample Holder incorporates an adjustable steering mirror, interchangeable focusing lens, and safety shutter.
The Steerable Collimated Beam Mount allows for projection and steering of the collimated output beam with precision alignment, for applications requiring long-range collection paths.
Immersion or Contact probe tips may be mounted with an adjustable tip/tilt probe mount, for longer probes that may need alignment.
Contact probe tips are also available with a fixed SwageLok mount.