A 100 nm particle is considered vast in the nano-research domain. However, searching for a specific characteristic even at that size on a 10-20 mm2 SPM sample can be futile. It is too small for optical imaging to help navigation, and scanning with an SPM can waste precious research time.
Bridging the gap between SPM and optical methods to guarantee productive results is still a challenge. RHK Technology offers a solution in the form of the UHV probe positioning system. Swift SEM-guided probe is placed in a broad field of view, incorporated with uncompromised STM/AFM resolution.
A fully built-in SEM is onboard RHK Technology’s well-established UHV AFM/STM. Proven preparation and analytical instruments are configured and incorporated across software, hardware, control and electrical interfaces.
The specifications of the Beetle UHV VT AFM/SEM are as follows:
- Uncompromised STM and AFM performance
- VT extremes from 25 K to 1500 K
- Scan range of at least 5 µ x 5 µ XY
- Thermal drift <1 Å/min
- Sample size is of 10 mm diameter
- Inherent thermal and mechanical stability due to minute thermal and mechanical loop, innately compact and rigid Beetle design, and symmetrical geometry
- Sample temperature at the time of imaging are 1000 K for STM and 750 K for AFM
- Built-in SEM for swift, efficient probe positioning
- Highly evolved SPM control system
- Sample temperatures from 25 K to >1500 K on manipulator stages and on SPM sample stage in preparation/analysis chambers
- Sample holders also offered for delivering RF signal to sample, cleaving, and heating in reactive gases through ceramic button or quartz bulb
- Coarse XY positioning at least 5 mm x 5 mm
- Minimum resolution of 0.5Å (X, Y) and 0.1Å (Z)
- Sample temperatures range from 25 K (LHe) to >1500 K; or 100 K (LN2) to >1500 K
- Six electrical contacts to sample holder (two for heating, two for temperature, two for auxiliary use such as BEEM). A single holder easily supports all cooling and cooling modes –e-beam, radiative, resistive/DC; LHe and LN2
- Beetle sample holder exceptionally offers accurate and true sample temperature measurement through thermocouple in direct contact with sample itself
- Easy daily operation with no frustration of others’ highly complex and less intuitive approach