With Ultim Extreme®, low-energy performance and ultimate spatial resolution are provided for EDS in the SEM. By integrating Extreme electronics and windowless construction with optimized sensor design and geometry, up to 15x greater sensitivity is offered in comparison to a traditional large-area SDD.
- Materials characterization at sub-1 kV
- Integrate with immersion optics to obtain high-sensitivity data at up to 30 kV with no compromise
- Detection and mapping of Li X-rays
- Operate at energies below 2 kV to deliver sub-10 nm spatial resolution in bulk samples
Ultim Extreme Silicon Drift Detector, a ground-breaking solution for ultra-high-resolution FEG-SEM applications, offers solutions beyond traditional micro- and nanoanalysis.
The Ultim Extreme, a windowless 100 mm2 version of Ultim, has been developed to improve spatial resolution and sensitivity. Using a radical geometry, it optimizes imaging and also EDS performance in ultra-high-resolution FEG-SEMs while operating at low kV and short working distance. Ultim Extreme can be used to achieve EDS resolution comparable to that of the SEM.
- Ultimate spatial resolution for SEM-EDS
- Sub-10 nm element characterization in the FEG-SEM
- Materials differentiation achieved at the lowest kV
- Down to 1 kV materials characterization
- Surface science sensitivity
- Characterization of surfaces in the SEM
- Extreme light element sensitivity
- New levels of detectability for elements like lithium, oxygen, and nitrogen
- Most accurate and rapid nano-characterization
- Rapid collection, real-time data processing from a bulk sample