The C-Nano from Oxford Instruments NanoAnalysis is a versatile and effective EBSD detector. The advanced technology that has helped the Symmetry detector make such an impact is currently implemented in the C-Nano, offering class-leading performance at an entry level. C-Nano is ideal for characterizing all types of samples, but its high pixel resolution makes it suitable for comprehensive strain analyses as well as for routine work on complex and challenging materials.
- Full 1244 x 1024 pixel resolution patterns – suitable for high-resolution EBSD
- Distortion free images
- Class-leading acquisition speed of 400 pps
- High sensitivity for low energy and low current analyses
- Innovative fibre optic lens system providing unprecedented detector sensitivity
C-Nano is an EBSD detector that is engineered for all types of materials and applications. Utilizing a tailored CMOS sensor, C-Nano provides a top acquisition speed of 400 pps with outstanding 312 x 256 pixel resolution patterns: this renders it about three times faster than comparable CCD-based detectors, using patterns with at least four times as many pixels. The result is a performance that users can depend on, with outstanding data quality on even the most difficult of materials.
The optics design within C-Nano guarantees outstanding sensitivity and sub-pixel distortion levels, making this a suitable detector for thorough strain analyses for which exceptional, high definition patterns are requisite. The sensitivity of C-Nano guarantees that the highest analysis speeds can be realized using very low beam currents (under 3 nA), enabling comprehensive and effective analyses of beam-sensitive and nanocrystalline materials.
C-Nano also gains from the new design features of the entire Oxford Instruments CMOS detector range, including the exclusive proximity sensor that will help to avoid undesirable and expensive collisions before they take place. This is a detector that users can rely on to deliver the results they need, every time.
The C-Nano detector is the high-performance entry into CMOS technology:
- Full megapixel resolution patterns (1244 x 1024 pixels) – Suitable for strain analyses using high-resolution EBSD
- Guaranteed indexing speeds of 400 pps using just 3 nA beam current
- 312 x 256 pixel pattern resolution at highest speed – 4 times more pixels than a sensitive CCD detector at comparable speeds
- Exclusive proximity sensor – detects possible collisions before they occur and automatically moves the detector to a secure position
- High sensitivity with an enhanced phosphor screen, guaranteeing superior quality patterns at low doses and low beam energies – resulting in maximum spatial resolution
- Low distortion optics, guaranteeing an angular precision better than 0.05°
- Seamless EDS integration even at the maximum speeds
- Simple and intuitive detector settings, guaranteeing optimum results each time
- Bellows SEM interface, upholding the microscope’s vacuum integrity
- Five optional integrated forescatter detectors, offering full color complementary channeling contrast and atomic number contrast images