Anton Paar offers a complete range of instruments for Tribological studies and Mechanical surface testing.
The independent laboratory of Anton Paar also provides surface analysis for numerous industries on a wide range of materials such as:
- Ceramics etc…
Some of the characterisation equipment available at Anton Paar and their capabilities are outlined below:
Macro, Micro and Nano Scratch Tester
- Adhesion properties of coatings and thin films
- Characterization of mechanical surface properties
Micro and Nano Hardness Tester
- Quantitative measurement of mechanical surface properties
- Elastic modulus and Hardness
- Analysis of fracture modes, cracking, stress distribution, creep,…etc
Micro and Nano Tribometer
- Tribological studies in different environments to simulate real conditions
- Characterization of wear, friction, and erosion-corrosion of mechanical parts
Calotest and Calowear
- Thickness measurements
- Abrasive testing for wear characterisation
- Scanning Force Microscope, STM, MFM,…
- 3D topography, video microscope, ...
Our analysis laboratory is able to perform detailed analysis and studies regarding properties such as wear, friction, hardness and scratch resistance.