Analog Devices, Inc. (NYSE: ADI) is helping industrial equipment designers improve system performance and maintenance costs through vibration detection/isolation/correction.
With today’s announcement of the new ADIS16227 iSensor® vibration monitor, equipment designers have a fully integrated vibration analysis solution capable of autonomous operation. This enables the earliest detection, identification, and isolation of possible vibration sources from equipment and bearing wear that can lead to less precise operation or equipment downtime. By embedding these small vibration monitors, applications ranging from wind turbines to precision factory automation and assembly equipment will benefit from automatic vibration profiling.
New Compact, High Performance iSensor(R) IMUs
MEMS accelerometers are well suited for vibration monitoring, but are typically at a low level of integration. With decades of integrated sensor processing experience, Analog Devices transformed a MEMS accelerometer into a 3-axis vibration analyzer with programmable embedded processing. The ADIS16227 iSensor vibration monitor eliminates the complexity and risk of developing with multiple components and enables a much wider application base.
“For the first time, industrial equipment designers have an easy-to-use, affordable and complete sugar-cube sized vibration analyzer,” said Bob Scannell, iSensor business development manager, MEMS/Sensors Group, Analog Devices. “With the ADIS16227, developers have access to proven 4th-generation vibration sensing capability with frequency domain processing programmability and tuning that greatly improves the ability to isolate the vibration source quickly.”
Key High-Performance Features and Benefits:
- Embedded frequency domain processing, 512-point real value FFT, and on-board storage provides the ability to identify and classify individual sources of vibration, monitor their changes over time and react to programmable threshold levels.
- Configurable spectral alarm bands and windowing options allow analysis of the full frequency spectrum with the configuration of 6 bands, Alarm1 (warning threshold) and Alarm2 (fault threshold) for earlier and more accurate detection of problems.
- Compact 15-mm cube, fully embedded and programmable, enables placement close to vibration source and early detection of small signals in a repeatable way, avoiding data discrepancies due to differences in location/coupling from measurement-to-measurement using handheld devices.
- Configurable input range (dynamic range) with four range options (0-1g, 0-5g, 0-20g, 0-70g) allows easy programming to support multiple operational scenarios, improves precision of FFT and aids in observing lower-level signals.
- Tri-axis wide-bandwidth (22-kHz resonance) acceleration sensing with configurable sample rate (up to 100 kHz) and averaging/decimation options allows more accurate assessment of even subtle vibration profile changes.