Qualtré, Inc is introducing the QGYR330H MEMS gyroscopes, fully integrated three-axis angular rate sensors targeting industrial applications, based on Qualtré’s patented Bulk Acoustic Wave (BAW) MEMS technology.
The new gyros are manufactured using the highly versatile High Aspect-Ratio Poly and Single-crystalline Silicon (HARPSS™) fabrication process, which allows unprecedented combination of robustness, performance, and size advantages over conventional MEMS tuning-fork gyroscopes. Samples of the QGYR330H devices are now available in a small LGA32 package that is RoHS and green compliant.
- View the QGYR330H product demonstration videos
- Download the QGYRO330H Product Brief
- Download White Paper: BAW Motion Sensing Technology
“The BAW structure has inherent advantages that enable our gyroscope to achieve optimal sensitivity and noise performance,” said Dr. Sreeni Rao, Vice President of Vertical Markets, Qualtré, Inc. “Additionally, the QGYR330H gyroscope enables high shock and vibration immunity due to its very rigid construction, letting it meet the challenging requirements of industrial applications which demand higher performance combined with greater reliability, such as robotics, commercial and industrial drones (UAV’s), platform stabilization, and heavy machinery, to name just a few. Our breakthrough technology lets us offer the best-in-class 3-axis gyroscope at about the same price points as a comparable 1-axis part.” Qualtré will be demonstrating the performance advantages of BAW gyroscope products at the Sensors Expo in Rosemont, IL on June 24-26, 2014, in booth #321.
Key Features and Benefits
- Measured Linear Acceleration Sensitivity: 0.03 0/s/g
- Selectable full scale range: ±100°/s, ±5000°/s
- Outstanding linearity: 0.005% of FS
- Identical sensitivity on all 3 axes provides greater measurement accuracy
- Very low noise for precision applications: 0.028dps/√Hz
Product Price and Availability
- Product: QGYR330H
- Output: Analog
- Availability: Samples and EVAL
boards available: 5/10/14
Full production: 12/30/14
- Packaging: 8.5 mm x 8.5 mm x 2.9 mm LGA32