The launch of the new Axios FAST simultaneous XRF system is another landmark achievement for leading X-ray analysis company PANalytical (Almelo, the Netherlands). Advanced, rapid, and easy to use, the Axios FAST is synonymous with the highest levels of accuracy and precision, excellent detection limits, high throughput and maximum uptime. Pioneering technology ensures that Axios FAST delivers unrivalled speed and throughput for routine analysis and dedicated real-time process control, combined with the flexibility to operate in industrial applications ranging from mining exploration to steelmaking.
New Axios FAST
Axios FAST excels in speed by allowing simultaneous fixed-channel measurements of up to 28 elements. The system is equipped with the latest X-ray technology to guarantee high uptime, including:
- 4 kW SST-mAX X-ray tube with ZETA-technology, for the most stable tube output over time
- high throughput sample loading turret mechanism, allowing the introduction of new samples even while a measurement is in progress
- externally mounted measuring channels giving simple access, for routine maintenance, addition or removal of channels, and initial alignment
- extensive self-monitoring facilities for remote diagnostics
- proven SuperQ software, renowned for its highly intuitive interface and menu
- dedicated software and hardware interfaces for flexible connection to sample transport devices and host computers, enabling fully automated analysis
Axios FAST is the latest addition to PANalytical’s acclaimed Axios family of wavelength dispersive XRF spectrometers. Its primary role is to perform high-speed routine XRF measurements for dedicated process control. But the system is also capable of addressing additional analytical requirements: for example, it can be fitted with up to four programmable goniometers, which can run simultaneously to give additional flexibility compared to a dedicated fixed channel configuration.