University of Surrey materials Short courses are carefully constructed to form modular components of the MSc degree programmes. Each course is complete in itself and can also be undertaken by delegates seeking experience in specific subjects for professional development. Comments from past students demonstrate the value of these intensive learning experiences.
All short courses have been approved for Professional Development by IOM3 (Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining).
Their current short courses are listed below:
- Introduction to Materials Science and Engineering
- Research Methods
- Characterisation of Advanced Materials
- Introduction to Physical Metallurgy
- Structural Ceramics and Hard Coatings
- Polymers: Science, Engineering and Applications
- Introduction to Composite Materials
- Surface Analysis: XPS, Auger and SIMS
- Composite Materials Technology
For a timetable of upcoming courses, click here.
Short courses, continuing education and postgraduate studies.