WITec has introduced RISE microscope, the world's first fully-integrated Raman imaging and scanning electron microscope (SEM). Through RISE microscopy, ultra-structural surface properties can be connected to molecular compound information.
The RISE microscope allows quick and easy switching between SEM and Raman measurement, and enables automated sample transfer from one measuring position to the other. It features a unique Wide Field Optics design for a variety of working and displaying modes and includes an integrated software interface for easy measurement control. In addition, real-time In-Flight Beam Tracing ensures accurate, direct and continuous control of the spot size and the beam current.
The RISE microscope is suitable for nanotechnology, materials science, polymer science, life science, geoscience, pharmaceutical industry, etc.
The main features of the RISE microscope are:
- Fully PC-controlled SEM
- Ease-of-use and intuitive measurement procedure
- Exceptional correlative microscope performance with the benefits of both techniques included in a single instrument
- Confocal Raman imaging with excellent performance in speed, sensitivity, and resolution
- Advanced 3D beam technology for true live stereoscopic imaging, 3D experience and 3D navigation
- Excellent diffraction limited lateral resolution of 200 - 300nm
- Superior depth resolution for 3D image generation and depth profiles
- Ultra-fast Raman imaging option with only 0.76ms integration time per spectrum
- High-throughput lens-based spectroscopic system for excellent sensitivity and best performance in spectral resolution
- High-vacuum and low-vacuum operation options
- Combined electron beam and focus ion beam systems available