On Thursday, the 6th of October, global thought leaders will convene in Basel. Hear from representatives of the three main industries using AFM - materials science, the life sciences, and industrial applications - about their successes, challenges, and their vision for the next decades.
On the second day we invite you to a Nanosurf Open House Day at our Liestal Headquarters. Take this unique opportunity to interact with the Nanosurf team,to get a behind-the-scenes look of our production, software development and application lab.
This event is centered in a strong scientific focus while also offering the chance to see Nanosurf's instruments in action, and to discuss options to collaborate with us. Join us, and let's determine the future of AFM.
Scientific Symposium at Congress Center Basel
Thursday 6 October 2022
Speakers from industry, life science and materials science research will reflect on their use of Scanning Probe Microscopy over the past 25 years - and where they see our industry going in the future. Check out the scientific program and register today.
09:00 Welcome Coffee
09:30 Opening Remarks
10:00 Materials science
- Peter Gruetter (McGill University)
- Frank Ogletree (Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory)
- Urs Staufer (TU Delft)
13:00 Life sciences
- Georg Fantner (EPFL)
- Robert Stark (TU Darmstadt)
- Orane Guillaume-Gentil (ETHZ)
- Panel Discussion: The future of AFM in Life Sciences
14:30 Afternoon Coffee
15:00 SPM in industry
- Bernd Gotsmann (IBM)
- Zhengming Wu (Heidelberg Nano)
- Nils Dieckmann (Zeiss SMT)
- Panel Discussion: Industrial AFM Solutions
16:30 Evening Networking Program
- Apéro - drinks reception
- A brief history of AFM - with Christoph Gerber
- Celebratory banquet
Open House at Nanosurf HQ in Liestal
Friday 7 October 2022
Get a look behind the scenes!
- Tour of production line.
- Tour of application lab.
- Early demonstration of Nanosurf's new control software.
- Celebrate, network, and have fun!