OmegaScope™ 1000 AFM has been designed to be easily integrated with
optical instruments such as Raman spectrometers, UV-VIS adsorption spectrometers
etc. Open design of the AFM head makes it possible to have the high quality
optical access from the top (100X, 0.70 NA), side (20X, 0.42 NA) or bottom (using
any commercially available objective, including immersion objectives).
Side illumination becomes very important in case of TERS (Tip Enhanced Raman
Scattering) and scattering SNOM experiments as with the side illumination it
is easy to have a significant Z component of the optical field. It also may
be very valuable for investigation of SERS (Surface Enhanced Raman Scattering)
structures. Precise alignment of the side and top (bottom) objectives allows
performing experiments that involve investigation of the influence of illumination
conditions on TERS and SERS efficiency.
OmegaScope™ 1000 AFM head includes 1300nm registration laser, which
allows to eliminate the cross-talk with the most popular Raman lasers up to
1064 nm. The IR registration laser also allows to work with the visible light-sensitive
semiconductor and biological samples.
Optical input-output system optimized for TERS and SERS measurements
- Top and side illumination (10X-0.28NA/100X-0.70NA; 20X-0.42NA)
- Raman and fluorescence measurements from the same sample area
- Optimal illumination conditions for TERS experiments on non-transparent
- Exact excitation light spot to probe adjustment
Raman spectrometer (Solar TII)
- High throughput optical system. Software controlled excitation laser selection.
Typical excitation laser set: 473, 532 and 785 nm solid state lasers. Edge
filter/notch filter design for efficient laser line suppression.
- Excitation light and collected light polarization control.
- Imaging 560mm focal length Spectrograph. Four positions turret mounted
- Confocal elastically scattered light registration unit.