The KLA Tencor3D™ optical profiler is an ideal instrument (Figure 1) for edge inspection and metrology, with superior features such as XOD inspection, edge defect review edge trim step height and X-Y-è shift. It is a non-contact 3D optical profiler with an inspection option.
Figure 1. The KLA Tencor-580 Optical Profiler with 200/300mm EFEM and automated s/w for Edge Inspection and 3D Metrology with full wafer mapping
Key Features of the KLA Tencor3D™
The key features of the KLA Tencor3D™ include:
- Automated extreme edge (XOD) examination of the wafer
- For calibration and monitoring operations
- Full wafer inspection report with classification of defects
- Possible to 3D optical profile defects
- XOD edge trim step height
- In-built microscope review capability
- Corresponding to 100 percent bump inspection instruments
- Manual or automated 200 and 300 mm systems are available
Figure 2. Edge Trim is critical for wafer thinning and dicing. KLA Tencor-580 can be used to measure the step height at the extreme edge (XOD) of the wafer.