The X’Pert³ MRD XL system supplied by PANalytical has been developed to meet the needs of laboratories focused on materials research and development. This X-ray diffractometer is one of the most flexible systems available on the market and can be used to carry out X-ray diffraction studies on advanced materials science and nanotechnology and also for metrologic characterization in semiconductor process development.
The X’Pert³ MRD XL shares the same design and functionality as the X’Pert³ MRD system, but is larger in size and features a rugged cradle to support samples that are large and heavy. In addition, self-centring wafer holders in the MRD XL enable mounting and alignment of wafers measuring 300mm in diameter.
The main features of the X’Pert³ MRD XL are:
- Complete mapping of wafers up to 200mm
- Automatic wafer loader option
- Self-centring wafer holders
- Robust cradle built to support large and heavy samples
- Suitable for high-throughput environments
The applications of the X’Pert³ MRD XL are:
- Thin film analysis
- Stress and texture analysis
- wafer mapping
- Compound and silicon based semiconductors