Malvern Panalytical Instrument’s Spraytec laser diffraction system enables measurement of spray particle and spray droplet size distributions in real time for more effective product development of sprays and aerosols.
It has been designed specifically to address the unique requirements of spray characterization and offers robust, reproducible droplet size data.
The Malvern Panalytical Spraytec uses laser diffraction for measuring the spray droplet size and spray particles. This is done by measuring the light intensity scattered as a laser beam passes through a spray. This data is then studied to determine the droplet size that created the scattering pattern.
The key features of the Malvern Panalytical Spraytec are:
- Measurement across a wide size range (0.1 – 2000µm) without requiring constant optics changes.
- Rapid changes in droplet size can be resolved over time, by measuring up to 10,000 measurements a second.
- Delivers accurate, concentration-independent results using a patented multiple scattering analysis.
- Characterizes wide spray plumes without risking optical contamination.
- Simply reveal the dynamic changes in spray particle size through its unique size history analysis software.
We use the Spraytec systems in all our nasal spray work. They allow us to examine the homogeneity of the products in terms of the droplet size distribution and enable us to meet FDA testing requirements.
The Spraytec is simple to use and we have been able to train our analysts very quickly. We are particularly impressed with the software, which automates all parts of the measurement process, including extraction, allowing us to ensure effective measurement of a good spray plume. The system’s standard operating procedures are especially good in the QC environment, and the fact that the software is 21CFR Part11 compliant means that it can be used throughout the development and manufacturing processes.
Dr Vitthal Kulkarni, Scentific Advisor, DPT Laboratories