With up to three complementary technologies on one multi-functional XRF platform, the Zetium spectrometer leads the market in high-quality design and novel features for sub ppm to percentage analysis of elements from Be to Am.
The measurement platform demonstrates SumXcore technology, which combines wavelength dispersive (WD) and energy dispersive (ED) cores. This unique combination of technologies not only matches the traditional needs of XRF users, but offers a range of new possibilities. Zetium can also include a small spot analysis tool for fast element distribution mapping, and the innovative THETA free lime XRD channel for dedicated cement applications.
Industry versions of the Zetium XRF spectrometer are provided with customized expertise templates, and software and hardware configurations for particular industries. Developed for rapid calibration and commissioning, these industry versions have high-quality, proprietary, traceable application setup modules, which include sample preparation instructions and setup standards.
Customized application templates are also included for industry applications and international norms compliance. Minerals, metals, cement, petrochemicals, polymers and plastics are among the industries catered with this approach.
The key features of the Zetium are:
- For specific application performance, a range of X-ray tube anode materials Rh, Cr, Mo and Au are available
- Features a duplex detector for improved sensitivity and wider dynamic range for transition metals analysis
- Space-saving, compact design
- High sample throughput
- Simple, intuitive software with The Virtual Analyst
- Complete suite of application setup modules and software solutions
- Industry-leading standard-less XRF analysis with Omnian - analysis of unknowns or when standards are unavailable
- Improved analytical performance
- Hi-Per channels for simultaneous measurement of light elements
- Instrument overhead is reduced by continuous and direct sample loading
- High-capacity sample changer bed (up to 209 positions) for high throughput applications
- Contamination is reduced by the dust removal device and instrument uptime is increased
- CHI-BLUE X-ray tube window coating for increased X-ray tube durability and resistance to corrosion
- Power upgrades from 1 to 2.4, 3 or 4 kW for enhanced sensitivity
- HiPer scintillation detector for a high dynamic range for heavy elements (linear up to 3.5Mcps) ideal for high precision analysis of Nb and Mo in steels
- Sequential free lime and XRF analysis with the THETA core
- Superior user experience
- Multi-element small spot analysis with mapping
- Programmable collimator masks for sample sizes between 6 mm and 37mm
- SumXcore technology - measurement times reduced by up to 50% with an ED core
- Sample type identification (solids & liquids)
- Low cost of ownership
- Dedicated chiller eliminated laboratory heat – avoiding overtaxing laboratory air conditioning infrastructure
- Ultimate edition of Zetium - the most advanced configuration in the Zetium family. The Ultimate edition is the most sophisticated in the Zetium series. It is a complete, dedicated tool for research environments as well as in industrial applications where ultimate performance is key.
- Metals edition of Zetium – Fast and accurate analysis of metals.
The Metals edition of Zetium is designed to meet the strictest process control targets, from raw materials to final and secondary products and can include a small spot analysis tool for fast element distribution mapping.
- Cement edition of Zetium - Elemental and free lime analysis for cement production The Cement edition of Zetium includes the innovative THETA free lime core for dedicated cement applications. This delivers clear advantages for cement analysis, through the ability to make traditional XRF measurements and determine free lime in the same system.
- Petro edition of Zetium - Compliant analysis of oils, fuels and other petrochemicals. The Petro edition of the Zetium spectrometer provides a flexible tool for the compliant analysis of petrochemicals, oils and fuels to meet the demanding requirements in regulated environments. This edition is pre-configured to deliver results compliant with ISO and ASTM standards, through a choice of compliance modules.
- Polymers edition of Zetium - Analysis of polymers and plastics. The Polymers edition is designed to support product consistency through reliable elemental analysis for samples across the production process and can include a small spot analysis tool for fast element distribution mapping. This edition is pre-configured with appropriate application modules for specific polymers and plastics.
- Minerals edition of Zetium - Minerals analysis that delivers robust performance in tough environments. The Minerals edition is designed for materials analysis at all stages of the mining process, from exploration to mineral concentrates. For improved analytical performance, integrated SumXcore technology offers dramatically reduced measurement times for high througput environments. The Minerals edition of Zetium can also include a small spot analysis tool for fast element distribution mapping.
The Zetium spectrometer offers consistent analytical performance irrespective of the application and is suitable for analysing a wide range of materials.