Most Versatile Nanolithography System
The eLINE Plus from Raith is the optimum, extensively distributed system for Research Centers and Universities that want to integrate an Electron Beam Lithography system with an open platform for additional optional nanofabrication processes and methods in a single tool. A gas injection system for FEBIP processes, completely integrated nanomanipulators for e.g. nanoprobing, and a variety of further options complement the uncompromised lithography system architecture and make the eLINE Plus the world’s most universal and unique nanoengineering EBL system.
Gemini-type e-beam colum for broadest nanoengineering application bandwidth.
Nanoengineering, Nanomanipulation and Focused Electron Beam Induced Processes (FEBIP)
- Broad range of nanofabrication processes
- Advanced TFE electron column offering the smallest beam size in the world
- Open and upgradable platform concept
- Unique stitch-error-free writing modes, periodixx and traxx
- Multiple detector concepts for unprecedented flexibility in mark recognition, imaging and analytical applications
- Raith NanoSuite: Full software interface with all modules completely integrated
Expandable Research Tool Concept
With eLINE Plus´s modularly expandable research tool concept, users can upgrade and adapt their system to current trends in nanoresearch even long after the system is purchased. By spanning beyond the “classical EBL application range”, the eLINE Plus paves the way for interdisciplinary activities – across a number of fields of research.
The smallest electron beam size of 1.6 nm, delivered by an EBL system, signifies an indisputable prerequisite for examining the maximum resolution nanofabrication beyond frontiers – whether in nanolithography or other focused electron beam induced processes (FEBIP).
TwinLITH – Combining the Strengths of FIB and EBL
The ideal solution for next-generation nanofabrication is provided when a Raith electron beam lithography tool is combined with a Raith focused ion beam system. As the Raith systems share a software and hardware platform, perfect synergy of 2D EBL resist accelerated lithography and 3D direct FIB patterning can be realized. The shared lithography architecture makes it easy to exchange GDSII designs, sample holders and job lists, and thus permits advanced and efficient nanofabrication. These two separate and complementary systems allow additional nanofabrication tasks to be worked on in parallel without losing time or compromising the entire benefit of either nanofabrication method. Write with two hands simultaneously and make the most of each tools strengths for process development, patterning and control.
eLINE Plus Nanolithography Applications
- Sub 5 nm lines in HSQ e-beam resist (Image Credits: J. Yang, D. Morecroft, M. Mondol, K. Berggren, MIT, and J. Klingfus, Raith USA)
- Metallic lateral spin valves (Image Credits: F. Casanova et al., CIC nanoGUNE, San Sebastian, Spain)
- Dense devices: 1 kB crosspoint RRAM (Image Credits: Sunghyun Jo, University of Michigan, USA)
- Advanced EBL: Photonic crystal structure in membrane (underetched) (Image Credits: William Whelan-Curtin, University of St. Andrews, UK)
- Precise neurite guidance by nanogratings (Image Credits: Laboratorio NEST Pisa, Nano Lett. 2011, 11, 505-511)
eLINE Plus Nanoengineering Applications
- Nanoprobing of freely suspended Pt-nanowire, deposited on gold contact pads with EBID
- 3D nanosculpturing by electron beam induced deposition (EBID)
- EBID-Deposit nanoprofilometry for growth rate determination (Raith)
- Material contrast with energy selective inlens BSE-detector
eLINE Plus Product Details
- Nanomanipulation, nanoprofilometry, nanoprobing
- Focused Electron Beam Induced Processes (FEBIP)
- SEM imaging and analysis
- Inlense SE detector
- 30 kV
- Energy selective BSE (EsB) detector option
- Large Z travel
- 4” full travel
- Rotation and tilt option
Unique Writing Mode: