The DynaPro® NanoStar® is a cuvette-based dynamic light scattering (DLS) instrument used for the analysis of protein solutions, promiscuous inhibitors and all kinds of nanoparticles or macromolecules in solution. To accommodate precious and scarce samples, quartz cuvettes afford precise robust measurements with as little as 1 µL of solution, while disposable cuvettes provide comparable sensitivity with as little as 4 µL. A separate, optimized static light scattering (SLS) channel offers true molar mass measurements.
Using the parallel SLS and DLS channels, the NanoStar determines hydrodynamic radius Rh, size distributions, weight-average molar mass, and solution properties relevant to sample stability: the second virial coefficient (A2 or B22), the diffusion interaction parameter (kD or D1), and the temperature of protein melting or aggregation onset (TM, Tonset).
- Range of hydrodynamic radius Rh: 0.2 nm to 2500 nm
- Range of molar mass: 300 Da to 1 MDa (may vary with molecular composition, size or solvent)
- Sensitivity: 0.1 mg/mL lysozyme
- Temperature range: -15°C to 150°C
- DYNAMICS® software provides a comprehensive set of analyses for macromolecules and nanoparticles
The NanoStar’s optical fiber pick-up can be combined with any of Wyatt's multi-angle light scattering (MALS) detectors - the DAWN® HELEOS® II or miniDAWN™ TREOS® - to add on-line DLS measurements in the same detection volume as chromatographic SEC-MALS or FFF-MALS measurements.