Wyatt Technology’s ViscoStar® III is an on-line differential viscometer that can be incorporated with DAWN® HELEOS® II or miniDAWN™ TREOS® multi-angle light scattering detectors in order to analyze intrinsic viscosity in conjunction with SEC-MALS-IV and SEC-MALS.
This enables characterization of various properties such as size, molar mass, branching ratio and conformation of synthetic polymers, peptides, proteins and biopolymers.
The ViscoStar® can function at the same temperature as the HPLC separation (both below and above ambient), and possesses a temperature control that ranges from 4°C to 70°C.
The main features of the ViscoStar® III are as follows:
- Drift: < 2.5 Pa/hour
- Differential pressure range: 6.9 kPa
- Differential pressure sensitivity: 0.05 Pa
- Minimum quantifiable sample: 0.1 µg of 100 kDa polystyrene in THF
- Dynamic range: 135,000:1
- Automated thermal bridge tuning incorporated in the ViscoStar III enables perfect bridge balance every run
- Pressure fluctuations due to the pump is eliminated by a patented pump pulse suppression system without loss of chromatographic resolution
- For optimal isolation of the temperature-sensitive bridge from room temperature variations, the ViscoStar III possesses a dual-Peltier thermal control