The microDAWN is the only multi-angle light scattering (MALS) detector that can be coupled to any UHPLC-SEC system without loss of resolution. µSEC-MALS determines absolute molecular weight, size and conformation of polymers, peptides, and proteins directly, without resorting to column calibration or reference standards.
- Sensitivity: 3.5 ng of 100 kDa polystyrene in THF or 70 ng of BSA in PBS, loaded on a 4.6 x 150 mm UHPLC-SEC column.
- Range of molar mass: 200 Da to 10 MDa (may vary with molecular composition, size or solvent)
- Range of rms radius Rg: 10 nm to 50 nm
- Range of hydrodynamic radius: 0.5 nm to 30 nm (with optional WyattQELS® embedded dynamic light scattering module)
- Integrated ultrasonic flow cell cleaning module
- Software: ASTRA® chromatography software provides comprehensive analyses and user-friendly features including HPLC control, “One-click MW” and user-designed reports. Optional 21CFR11 support for GMP.
- Proteins: absolute molar mass, size and stoichiometry of monomers, oligomers, complexes, aggregates and fragments.
- Glycoproteins, detergent-solubilized membrane proteins, PEGylated proteins, protein-polysaccharide and protein-DNA complexes; heme-containing proteins that absorb laser light
- Protein-protein and protein-nucleic acid interactions
- Polymers: absolute molar mass and size (distributions and moments), conformation, and branching
- Linear or branched polymers, co-polymers
- Most aqueous and organic solvents